The Checkup is built around 7 key questions every strategic plan must answer. Spend just 5 minutes scoring your performance on 30 statements and we'll send you a detailed analysis complete with recommendations you can begin implementing right away.
Our executive checklist highlights 12 key areas in which decisions are required when planning an important meeting, workshop or retreat.
From selecting a theme and choosing your facilitator, to deciding what to document and how to configure your space.
Best Meeting Evaluator™
Spend just 10 minutes answering 25 questions to uncover ways of making your next strategic meeting, workshop or retreat an unqualified success.
The Best Meeting Evaluator™covers the following areas:
- Preparation: Session Expectations, Participant Selection, Facilitator Selection, Facilities Selection, Agenda Design, Participant Readiness,
- Meeting Management: Meeting Tone, Participant Engagement, Group Dynamics, Agenda Management
- Results: Outcome Achievement, Follow-on Action, Documentation
Within two business days, we'll send you a personalized report highlighting the items in each of these areas that are critically important to the success of your Strategic Meetings.
As facilitators, we use some “rules of engagement” that help us guide the focus, pace, and group dynamics of strategic client meetings.
There are 12 rules that we find particularly useful that can be grouped by what they contribute to the session:
- building shared understanding across the group,
- optimizing the energy flow in the room,
- supporting openness in the dialogue, and
- generating powerful and practical results.
Typically we will use no more than six of these rules in any one session, selecting the ones that will best match the nature of the assembled group and the expected outcomes of the session or sessions.
7 Questions to help you qualify potential facilitators.
Knowing what questions to ask in the process of vetting a facilitator, or creating a short list of two or three qualified facilitators, can be a challenge.
We’ve designed this guide to help you identify a facilitator capable of doing a first class job on your specific project.
According to a 2014 Harris Poll almost 7% of on-the-job time is spent in wasteful meetings. That’s over three solid weeks of wasted time per year – just in bad meetings!
Productive meetings don't just happen. Each requires a lot of thought, planning and, quite frankly, hard work. Many decisions have to be made, including:
- The outcomes that you want to achieve.
- How to maintain participant interest.
- What venue to select.
- Whom to invite.
- What to communicate before and after the event.
From our experience facilitating more than 500 meetings, workshops, and retreats, we've developed our Best Meeting™ Audit. It will help you think through areas that require attention, and provide us with information on which to base suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of future meetings.
Instructions for Best Meeting™ Audit.
- Download the fillable PDF Audit document using the form on the right.
- Check all the areas that you feel could benefit from some attention.
- Highlight the '5' that, in your opinion, will make the greatest difference.
- Provide any other relevant information in the space provided.
- Contact us by phone (+1 (844) 445-2888) or email (info@StrategicRetreats.net) to arrange a time to review your results.
- Email us a copy of your completed Best Meeting™ Audit prior to the meeting.
And that's it. There is no charge or obligation whatsoever. Completing the Best Meeting™ Audit will require only a few minutes of your time, ...but the positive impact on future meetings could be significant.